One day, maybe one year from now, or maybe ten, you will look back in awe and see how it all lined up. How every last dot connected. How every heartbreak was a gateway to a breakthrough. How every ‘no’ made you stronger, bolder, and wiser. How every back that turned on you gave you the opportunity to realize you could do it alone. Wherever you are today, I hope you know that the universe is working overtime to orchestrate a life beyond your wildest dreams. All you need to do is find the courage to go live it.
The last 8-9 months…some of the best times of my life, in awhile. I became happily single after leaving a long term relationship which was on borrowed time. I travelled for a few months to different countries. I bought an air ticket to the other side of the world because I felt like it, because I wanted some fresh inspiration, and to explore my feelings. I met some of the most amazing people I would not have met otherwise. I reconnected with some of my old friends. I wandered around new cities happily by myself. I did things I once said I’d never do. I took chances. I took risks (calculated). I felt free and each breath was a breath of fresh air again. I fell in love. I felt taken care of. I felt pampered and spoilt. I spent on whatever I wanted. Sometimes, I indulged in desserts. I said yes to new adventures. I said yes to opportunities that came my way. And, I also created new opportunities for myself. So, it seems…Life couldn’t get any better.
As blessed as I get to travel to these beautiful places around the world, a busy career means you can’t always travel (for pleasure) as often as one would like; though that doesn’t stop me from having a beautiful time. In Auckland, I have specific places I love going to for staycations and Pullman Hotel is top on my list. It’s always a pleasure being hosted by the team, each time I stay there, the experience only gets better! They fully understand their guests’ needs and details such as knowing your name before you even introduced yourself, which is always a great feeling because I’m someone who loves attention to detail. And no matter how minute it seems, trust me, these things never go unnoticed!
Usually, our lives are always on the constant go. But, sometimes you just gotta press pause and enjoy life a little, with someone that matters to you. Although time to yourself is always significant, sometimes it’s good to make some time for the ones you care about, spoil them and celebrate them. So, of course, I turned to my trusted Pullman Hotel for the perfect staycation, where I indulged in a glass or two of Möet and some fine chocolates, had a relaxing Swedish massage, enjoyed a bespoke dinner experience, a personalised menu and the room was lit with candles. This Pullman experience knocked it out of the park! At the time of writing this, I took some time to ponder the angle that I wanted to write this note from and after some time, I finally found it.
You’re only hard to love to those who don’t truly want to love you.
Everything I want to be – Happy & Beautiful
When you are in a wrong relationship, you subconsciously start to compromise your values and who you really are, just because that person is not capable of truly loving you, for the person that you are and for the things that you enjoy and are passionate about. And, when you are in a relationship that is not for you, you begin to question yourself whether you are being difficult. They would then make their issues…yours. Sigh. We’ve all been there.
If you love indulging in the finer things in life, then so be it. That’s who you are, at the essence of your being. If he can’t appreciate that, then there will be another man who will, for sure because this note, is inspired by him; the one who shares similar values as me. No one should question what you genuinely love. Because you deserve to be loved fiercely. You deserve to be loved by a man who knows how to love hard. A man who looks at you like you are made of magic. A man who wants to know your fears, worries, insecurities, phobias, and doubts, and wants even more to love you through every last one of them.
A man who loves you fiercely, for who you are at your beautiful core. A man who prefers you at 7 a.m regardless of whether or not you’ve fussed over yourself in a mirror that day. A man who loves you when your body is looking on point, but also loves you when you’ve put on a few kg’s here and there. On the day when his love seems too deep, too how-do-i-even-deserve-this-kind-of-love to be true, he is right there to remind you why you 1000 percent deserve every last drop. Because he can’t not love you. Because it’s easy. Because it’s you. A man who understands that love is shown through the little things. A man who does the dishes as someone who sees organising your environment as an act of love itself. A man who leaves 10-word love notes for you to find scattered throughout your life – and not because it’s Valentine’s Day, but just because it’s Tuesday. A man who is not threatened by your success; he relishes them. Be with a man who loves so hard that it liberates you on every level. A man whose love emancipates you from your confines, and makes you believe that anything in life is possible.
This man will open up your world for you, and you will gladly do the same for him.
Oh so couture
I like to be a little dressed up, no matter what I’m doing or where I’m going. That’s just who I am and who I’ve always been. One of my friends Judy Gao Judy Gao Couture – is amazing at making the most beautiful and sexy dresses. They really are so perfect for fancy dinner dates and black tie events. So much thought and consideration goes into each and every one of her dresses. And, if you haven’t privately dined in the Pullman Hotel’s Residential Suite, add that to your to-do list. I’ve said it before and I will say it again, the in-room dining at the Pullman is one of the best at an Auckland hotel, it has not disappointed me once. Also, if you know me well, you’d know that I’m a food critic and selective when it comes to food.
As Coco Chanel once said, “I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little, if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. And it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.”
Ohh so spoilt.
Breakfast in bed.
Champagne and fine chocolates on arrival…you can’t say no to that!
Massage and Spa time.
Bespoke private dinner for two.
Be with a quality guy.
This note was of course inspired by someone, and it is not advice, by any means. Simply a personal reflection and the way I felt and have been feeling recently. Be with someone who makes you feel like the most amazing woman alive. Be with someone who treats you with the care and respect that you deserve.
Here are several things I look for in a man (in random order and not conclusive):
- Humour: If he can make me smile and laugh a lot, he is definitely doing something right.
- Intelligence: I find a man with intelligence very sexy. Because I need to be able to relate to my man on an intellectual level and of course, he should bring out my own curiosity and intellect too. Together, we’d have intelligent conversations.
- Strong Career: A man who knows where he is going in life or has a strong idea and a concise plan of where he is heading. Being driven and ambitious is an attractive trait. Find out his short-term, mid-term and long-term goals.
- Physically Fit: Taking care of himself physically means he respects himself which is attractive.
- Articulate: I know some men find it hard to voice their feelings but I love it when a man is able to speak how he feels, it doesn’t matter if we are on the first date or been together for several years. Compliments from strangers are one thing. Compliments from your man means so much more. As girls, we glam up and dress up to look amazing so when he notices it, it makes it all worth it. And of course, we grow to be our best selves in a nurturing, positive environment.
- Commitment: Usually, when I first meet someone I’m interested in, I tend to ask them how long their last relationship was, as it usually speaks volumes about whether he enjoys long-term relationships. I also like to find out how committed he is in other areas of his life, that is quite important to me.
- Good taste: I love a stylish man, someone with a great sense of style.
- Dedication: I’m a very independent girl, but I love it when a man checks in to ensure that everything is fine with me and I love the quiet happiness of knowing that I’m loved, taken care of and appreciated.
- Values: Obviously, he has to share similar values as me, we don’t have to agree on everything but being able to see eye-to-eye on most things in life, is significant to me.
- Finer things in life: I love the finer things in life, so someone who also loves the finer things in life and to share those experiences with.
Additionally to the above, chemistry and physical attraction is also important.
With you, it’s different.
What are some of the things you do to celebrate the special person in your life? I love celebrating and spoiling the special people in my life, (sometimes, just because), and so I would love any amazing recommendations! I’m a really giving person and I feel that the universe notices that because sometimes when I’m least expecting it to, blessings and great things show up in ten-folds! Thank you so much to the Pullman Hotel team/family for always looking after me whenever I check in for staycations, I’m truly humbled.